Mohamed Usman T.M
Basically a Civil Engineer cum Environmental Engineer, doing PhD on waste to energy recovery.
Currently working as a Assistant Professor at PET Engineering College. I am a Environmental/ Civil/Gadget/ Science / Technology Enthusiast. That`s make me to start these sites.
In my view point, technology is a key way to enhance learning experience.I hate creating text only or less attractive presentation. So, I wish to produce eye candy presentation for my class, which is attractive and interactive. My future goal includes starting my own e-learning as well as blended course, which is in English as well as Tamil.
Here I just share useful information related to newer technology, Environmental bytes, science, software, etc.
Explore something new in a better way!
For my website
A new series of video coming soon to my YouTube Channel
For my Teaching Profession
Next Version of my Site with lot of new Goodies Useful app for Android and Windows Echo system
Past and Present !
Early sites: ' My tech journey starts here! '
I am the developer and one of the admin for our Department Association named `Society of Environmental Engineers ` official website
I am the developer and one of the admin for our Environmental study forum started with fellow classmates
And some works are under the process, which soon see the sunlight :)
Area of Interest
- Wastewater treatment technologies
- Sludge Treatment
- Water treatment process
- Desalination technologies
- Environmental Modelling
- Post Graduation:
- Sequencing Batch Reactor Modelling of Fishery Wastewater Treatment by Aerobic Granules using Cellular Automata System
- Under Graduation:
- Studies on Water Supply System at Kadayanallur Municipality
- Preethi, Mohamed Usman TM, Rajesh Banu J, Gunasekaran M, Gopalakrishnan Kumar. Biohydrogen production from industrial wastewater : Advance towards commercialization. Bioresource Technology Reports Article ID 100287
- Rajesh Banu J, Merrylin J, Mohamed Usman TM, Yukesh Kannah R, Gunasekaran M, Kim SH, Gopalakrishnan Kumar. Impact of pretreatment on food waste for biohydrogen production: A review. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. (SCI / IF- 4.084)
- Gunasekaran M, Merrylin J, Mohamed Usman T M, Gopalakrishna Kumar, Rajesh Banu J*. "Biohydrogen production from Industrial wastewater". Biofuels: Alternative Feedstocks, conversion processes for production of liquid and gaseous biofuels. Editors. Ashok Pandy, Christian Larroche, Edgard Gnansounou, Samir Kumar Khanal, Claude Gilles Dussap, Steven Ricke. Elsevier, USA. (ISBN: 978-0-128-16856-1)
- Yukesh Kannah R, Dinesh Kumar M, Mohamed Usman T M, Kaliappan S, Rajesh BanuJ*. "Fundamentals of Anaerobic treatment". Post treatment of anaerobically treated effluent. Editor: Tyagi V.K, Khan A.A, Khursheed A, Kazmi A.A, Jern N.G. IWA Singapore. (ISBN: 9781780409733)
- Rajesh Banu J, Yukesh Kannah R, Kavitha S, Mohamed Usman T M, Gunasekaran M, Gopalakrishana Kumar, Sang Hyoun Kim, "Biohydrogen: Resource recovery from industrial wastewater". Elsevier, USA
- J. Thirumal, P. Arivalagan, T.M. Mohamed Usman, K. Balaji, G. Venkatesan, Energy and economic analysis of waste activated sludge disintegration of sono thermalized activated persulphate for biogas production, International Conference on Emerging Trends in Biotechnology for Waste Conversion (ETBWC 2017),407,2017,CSIR-National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (NEERI), Nagpur.
- T.M. Mohamed Usman, J. Thirumal, G. Venkatesan, Treatment of fishery wastewater using Aerobic granular in Sequencing Batch Reactor, Journal of the Institution of Public Health Engineers, 2017.
- T.M. Mohamed Usman, V Ruban Daniel, R Karuppasamy, Optimization of fish Canning Industry wastewater treatment using Muringa Oleifera as a Natural Coagulant’ , in International Conference on Recent Trends in Mechanical and Civil Engineering, ICRTMC`18.
- T.M. Mohamed Usman, Pretreatment of fishery wastewater using rice starch as a Natural Coagulant with alum’ , in 1st NCERT 2016, Anna University Regional Campus Tirunelveli.
- M.E in Environmental Engineering from Anna University, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India.
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering from Kalasalingam University, Krishnankoil, Tamilnadu, India.
- Completed Online Course on Tropical Coastal Ecosystems offered by The University of Queensland, Australia through edX
- Completed Online Course on Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Power BI, offered by Microsoft through edX
- Completed Business English Certificate Exam on B1 level conducted by University of Cambridge ESOL Examination
- Completed certification course on Diploma in CAD
- Life Member of Indian Desalination Association (InDA). Membership No.: LM-376
- Life Member of The Indian Science Congress Association. Membership No.: L32161
- Life Member of Indian Water Resources Society, Roorkee, India. Membership No.: LM 2016-7619
- Member of Nature Club, Kalasalingam University
- Member of Photo Club, Kalasalingam University
- Member of NSS, Kalasalingam University
- Undergone In Plant Training at Water Treatment Plant Manjalneerkayal, Tuticorin.
- Undergone In Plant Training at Kadayanallur Municipality Water supply Project executed by M/s.Ramky, Hyderabad under project management of Tamil Nadu Water supply And Drainage Board (TWAD).
- Undergone Training at JASPER INTERNATIONAL ENGINEERING CONSULTANTS
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Autodesk Revit
- MS Office Suit
- Origin Pro
- Photodex ProShow Producer
- Windows ME, XP, 7, 8, 8.1,10
- Presented the Paper entitled “Energy and Economic Analysis Of Waste Activated Sludge Disintegration of Sono Thermalized Activated Persulphate For Bio gas Production ” in International Conference on Emerging Trends in Biotechnology for Waste Conversion (ETBWC) 2017, CSIR-National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (NEERI), Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- Participated two days National Conference on Climate Change Impacts and Natural Resource Management organized by Centre for Climate Change & Adaption Research, Anna University, Chennai.
- Participated Pre-Conference workshop on Air Quality Monitoring & Real time environmental issues organized by Society of Environmental Engineers, Regional Campus of Anna University, Tirunelveli.
- Participated two days workshop on Recent Advancement in Special Concrete for Sustainable development organized by Kalasalingam Univeristy.
- Participated five days Faculty development program on Autodesk Autocad 2016 conducted by ICT Academy of Tamil Nadu.
- Participated five days Faculty development program on Building Information Modelling (BIM) using Revit 2015 conducted by ICT Academy of Tamil Nadu.
- Participated National Level Seminar on GIS & Remote Sensing Technology for National Development organized by the Department of Civil engineering, Kalasalingam University.
- Participated in two days National level conference organized by Department of civil engineering in association with IEI KLU Civil student chapter.
- Participated one day workshop on Introduction to Finite Element Method & its Applications organized by the Department of Civil engineering, Kalasalingam University.
- Participated National level technical seminar on Disaster Management and Mitigation organized by the Department of Civil engineering, Kalasalingam University.
- Participated National level technical symposium organized by the Department of Civil engineering, Kalasalingam University with ISTE student chapter.
- Participated two day workshop on GIS & GPS organized by the Department of Civil engineering, Kalasalingam University.
- Attended one day workshop on Storage management Systems at Kalasalingam University.
- Participated one day national level workshop on Phishing and Spyware at Kalasalingam University.
- Participated one day National level workshop on Emerging Trends in Industrial Safety Engineering at Kalasalingam University.
- Awarded with second prize in photography event conducted by Anna University Regional Campus, Tirunelveli.
- Awarded with third place in the photo collection event organized by Nature club of Kalasalingam University.
More to come, Insha Allah